Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dia de los Muertos

We celebrated Dia de los Muertos, yesterday. I have a special fondness for the holiday because there is also an emphasis on it being a joyful celebration. I had a very long, emotional day. Which left me feeling pretty rough today. But, I wanted to post quickly about out celebration. We played Paramore, Black Veil Brides and All Time Low while we worked.

Ty stopped by to visit his great-grandparents while we were at the cemetery.

My husband and son cleaning out weeds.

We try to keep sidewalk chalk on her headstone and in the car so that we can leave her messages.


We left her sugar skull cookies, diet coke, Bob's candy canes, pop rocks and tic-tacs.

In case you are wondering what the day is about, here is a link with more information.

 http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/support/dodhistory.html

No comments: