Monday, August 19, 2013

A Nerdy Rant After Exercising and High School Football

So, most of the people I know were at Run or Dye in Abilene this weekend. A lot of the pictures had a lone Stormtrooper showed up in many people's photos from the event. He was introduced to my husband and I by Jennifer over at It's Not My Workout, It's My Diagnosis on Facebook today. We were discussing how nerdy children will save the world. Jennifer also shared the above link with us. She has a nerdy kiddo. It is hard for her to relate to her child sometimes because, well, she just isn't into the same thing. I have the opposite problem. Sarah was my nerd child she had favorite comic book characters that she was in love with. She wanted to do cosplay and go to conventions. Sadly she is gone. Her brother is nowhere near the fanatic we are. I call him my closet nerd. He likes Star Wars, Star Trek and Firefly. He watches Firefly and Doctor Who avidly. He loves comic book based movies. And, he had a great time at the convention he went to. But, he just does not have the same over the top, die hard, agonizing love for the subjects as we do. He has far more in common with his father. He would rather be out on the tractor than going to the comic book store. Rather watch the Rangers than Star Trek. (He will never turn down Star Wars, though.) We are still working on finding something we share interest in. So far, Geocaching works one we actually get to the first cache. He whines until then. Then he whines when we stop for the day. But, the gym seems to be the one place we are meshing well. But, more about that in a bit.



On another note, this has been a prayer heavy day. One friends went to court to modify their child custody agreement. A daughter of a friend had her baby yesterday at 29 weeks. He is NICU in Lubbock. His name is Mason. Another friend is having to be a single mom while her husband is working out of state for a good while. She misses her husband. And, running her house all alone. We got a hint that Jerry has a good job at the job he interviewed for. If you could keep us all in your prayers, I would appreciate it.




RON PERLMAN IS COMING TO COMIC CON IN DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I'm better.






Well, the Whetsels are on the road to a healthier life style!!! We have had a gym membership for over a week. And, we have actually gone. We've cut way back on sweets. I have only had a couple of sugared beverages in the last few weeks! I am down to one Diet Mountain Dew a day. And, I we have been far more active around the house. The only time I have sat down today was while writing this! (In two sittings, while dinner was cooking and when I went to bed.) And, I have an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday so I can find out why I am so dadgum tired all the time.







Confession Time: For the first time in my adult life, I think I could actually be a stay at home wife. I would love to have time to sew, craft, garden and blog. Also, there will be many tears shed this weekend. This is my last week with my son before school starts. This time next year, he will be in football. That means two a days. If you are not from Texas you may not know what that means. I am not sure how high school football works elsewhere. But, he will workout early in the morning and late in the afternoon before school starts. So, this means, I will not have near as much time with him in the summers from here on out. Sigh... I am trying not to think about it. Instead, I will remember that he tried to kill me at the gym today. Actually, he is encouraging me. Nothing like getting a thumbs up from your 13 year old at the gym.



No comments: